- Medians - 12th Street, I-40 to RR Tracks
- Medians - Academy, McKinney to Truchas
- Medians - Academy, Truchas to Ventura
- Central (Tramway to Eubank) Median Improvements
- Medians - Eubank, Constitution to Montgomery
- Medians - Martin Luther King, Streetscape including median
- Medians - Montgomery, Carlisle to San Mateo
- Medians - San Mateo, Comanche to Ponderosa Arroyo
- Medians - University Blvd, Cesar Chavez to Gibson
- Medians - Unser South Phase I, Central to San Ygnacio
- Medians - Wyoming, Academy to San Antonio-Harper
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Did a little digging on the city of Albuquerque site and learned the following medians will be landscaped in 2010. I am especially glad to see that University Blvd. in front of the Pit and University Stadium is set to get landscaped medians. The stadiums (including Isotopes Park) are so nice, yet the streetscape is so unpleasant.
Posted by Dan at 7:27 PM
Thursday, March 4, 2010
I am feeling more and more confident in my prediction that Mayor Berry is going to get the Events Center done. As I've written before, I firmly believe this is an economic development project that wisely capitalizes on revitalization and transportation investments. He's soliciting public feedback on this project.
Posted by Dan at 8:38 PM
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
News that the NBA D-level Thunderbirds are moving to Rio Rancho highlights again the negative economic impact of not having a downtown arena. Hockey fans lost the Scorpions who couldn't make it work at Tingley or Rio Rancho. Imagine crowded downtown Albuquerque restaurants and bars on T-Bird and Scorpion game nights. Imagine many fans taking Rail Runner from as far as Belen and Santa Fe. Image if this image of a proposed downtown Albuquerque arena became reality.
Posted by Dan at 6:54 AM